JAH logo trans 100Due to the demise of our beloved James A. Hennenhoefer in August 2017, our office is closing permanently, effective October 6, 2017.

If you need further assistance, please contact our receptionist:



Leslie A. Ryland
Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves, Savitch, LLP

Kevin A. Polis
Moore, Schulman & Moore


I quit work to raise our children. Will I be able to get spousal support from my ex?

This question is impossible to answer, other than to say that the length of support is usually related to the duration of the marriage.

If the marriage is shorter than 10 years, spousal support will be for a period of from one-third to one-half the duration of the marriage, and will then end.

If the marriage is longer than 10 years, spousal support will generally run until the death of either spouse, remarriage of the recipient spouse, or further order of the court.

Child support will run until the children reach the statutory age of majority. Each case is different, as is the amount of spousal support and its duration.

Print Email