California State Bar - Certified Family Law Specialist - June 2011
James A. Hennenhoefer, APC January 2006 to present, practicing exclusively family law.
- 2010 - 2011: In re Marriage of H
Represented Husband during 6-day dissolution trial at JAMS. Co-counsel. Solely responsible for child custody issues. Prevailed in client's request for 50-50 sharing plan. $3 million estate.
- In re Marriage of P
Represented Husband during multi-day post-Judgment evidentiary hearing in North County Department 18. Co-counsel. Solely responsible for all cross-examination of Wife re support issues and third party witness re insurance issues.
- In re Marriage of R
Represented Wife in dissolution of 37 year marriage. Co-counsel. Negotiated favorable settlement at JAMS. Division of marital property combined with personal injury claims against Husband for domestic violence. $3 million estate.
- In re Marriage of M
Representing Husband in dissolution. Lead counsel. Prevailed at long cause OSC re Temporary Custody and Support. Sole legal and physical custody for Husband. $5 million estate.
- 2006 - 2009: In re Marriage of P
Represented Husband in dissolution. Co-counsel. Negotiated favorable settlement in 65 year marriage. $7 million estate.
- P v. G
Represented Father in Mother's paternity and child support action. Lead counsel. Obtained favorable ruling for Father following long cause hearing in North County Department 18. Attorney's fees
- In re Marriage of R
Assisted in multi-day dissolution trial at JAMS. Represented Wife. Prevailed against Husband's separate property claims. $20 million estate.
San Diego Reader, San Diego, CA May 1994 to November 2004. Wrote weekly column, "Kid Stuff." Researched and wrote feature articles emphasizing legal issues. Subjects included child custody attorneys, jury selection, process servers, death penalty, child support.
Luce Forward Hamilton & Scripps, San Diego, CA September 1989 to November 1992. Specialized in family law. Assisted Susanne Stanford representing high-asset individuals in complex family law litigation. Researched and drafted pleadings in family law and other civil litigation. Served on firm's MCLE Committee and Associate Committee.
- University of California, Los Angeles Law School, Class of 1989. Moot Court participant. Teaching assistant to first-year Legal Research and Writing class.
- Admitted to California Bar, December 19891 SBN 144891
- University of California, San Diego Class of 1985 Summa cum laude. Highest Distinction in History honors. Armin Rappaport Award for Most Outstanding History Undergraduate.
SIGNIFICANT CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Institute for Family Law Associates - Advanced Program. June 19 to June 22, 2008/ Chicago, IL. Advanced training in litigation, discovery, taxation, negotiation, and business valuation.
- American Bar Association Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute May 18 to May 24, 2008 Denver, CO. Prepared family law trial involving child custody and business valuation issues.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants/American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers National Conference on Divorce May 8 to May 9, 2008 Las Vegas, NV. Intensive training in family law aspects of business valuation, taxation, bankruptcy, and income available for support.
- CFLR Advanced Family Law Course June 21 to 24 and June 29 to July 1, 2007 Costa Mesa, CA. Advanced, comprehensive overview of family law issues and developments.